Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Tasty Tuesday

Calzone Day-

Pizza is generally yummy in any form! This week we decided to go for calzones. We have made these multiple times before but this is the first time to have mini calzones. It hit me that I could make my children a calzone any size I want and it would be the perfect portion for them.

And not to mention pretty stinking cute! Because everything is cute when it's small! It was stuffed with pesto and various other toppings. I will say I didn't find pesto to be the best calzone sauce. Due to the oil in the pesto, it made it difficult for the bottom to cook evenly. But pretty good over all.

 

 

Recipe-

2.5-3 c flour

1 C warm water

2.5 t yeast

2T oil

1 t sugar

1/2 t salt

Seasoning if you prefer

1. Take water. The temperature of your body. Not hot or cold to the touch. Let it sit till it activates.

2. Add sugar, salt, 1 C of flour, oil and any preferred seasoning.

3. Put on a floured surface and knead for five minutes while adding needed flour until it is no longer sticky. Add it fairly slowly. Let it rise 5 minutes. Shape and cook.

 

No comments: